The official definition of SharePoint Technologies is:
That’s quite a mouthful. Now, let’s get to the real meaning:
SharePoint can help you increase the productivity of your employees. Properly implemented it can improve communication, reduce wasted time, eliminate duplicated effort and create a more efficient, well informed work environment. All using the same basic technologies you’ve been using (Microsoft Office). SharePoint is the fastest growing server platform in Microsoft history.
Yes, all that and more.
What SharePoint is not is important as well. It is not new, SharePoint has been around since Microsoft Server 2000 in its original form. It has been fine tuned and improved over the last nine years and a new version is due for release in 2010. It is not a solution in itself, it helps combine the solutions you are already using in your company (Microsoft Office) and improves them by helping people use those technologies more efficiently. It is not hard to learn, most of the new tasks involved can be learned in few minutes and immediate results can be seen.
We invite you to look around and familiarize yourself with some of the benefits of SharePoint on our site, and at Microsoft’s site. Give us a call (717.471.5956) or send us an email, let us come in and discuss with you how SharePoint may help your organization become more efficient and leverage the investment you have already made in your workforce and the technology they use.
Call us about:
- Getting SharePoint "Up and Running" in 5 business days.
- Streamlining business process using InfoPath and Workflows.
- Creating a technology plan that aligns with and helps attain your business goals.
- Eliminating "Pain Points" you currently work with in your day to day work.
- Improving document management and use.
- Securing documents and data throughout your organization while increasing use and availability of information.
- Creating workspaces that improve collaboration and employee effectiveness.